Monday, December 31, 2012

TSG-188 Sponging with Die Cuts

It's time for this week's challenge at There She Goes. This week’s challenge is brought to you by our trendsetter of the week, Tobi. She has challenged us to use sponging with die cuts on our cards!!

This challenge happens to be one of my favorite techniques to use on my cards. I remember the first time I did it - I was afraid I'd ruin my card...needless to say it came out just fine. I don't use this technique all the time, but I do love the effect if gives. 

For my card I used a new set to me - Side by Side. With all the holiday greetings go on on FB and hearing from a lot of my friends across the United States I thought of this set right away. My colors came out more of an Autumn theme, but I don't care - I think my card is fabulous! I hope you do too!! 

To be eligible for the giveaway, create a card or project using this week’s challenge (sponging with die cuts) and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (January 7th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the lookout to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG188 so we can check out your beautiful work!

Need some inspiration to help you get started? Check out these great cards made by the following Trendsetters!

~ Tracy MacDonald
~ Kim O'Connell
~ Stephanie Muzzulin
~ Jessie Rone

Theresa

10 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

So sweet! I LOVE that sentiment. :)

Happy New Year!

Hugs~

Tara said...

Your card IS beautiful and such a sweet sentiment! Happy New Year!

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Theresa. Great job with this week's technique.

Laura said...

Beautiful card Theresa! I love the color scheme, and that sentiment is so sweet!
Happy New Year! :)

Debbie said...

Beautiful card, Theresa!! I love the colors and the sentiment!

Anonymous said...

I agree, Theresa, it's fabulous! Great image and sentiment and I love how you've used the papers.
xx

Jessi Fogan said...

I absolutely LOVE that sentiment! And how perfect for going in the mail :)

~Tammy~ said...

Your card is fabulous! I love the ribbon you chose. I love sponging on my cards. I remember that same thought about ruining it. The same feeling happened when I started adding paint to my cards.

Happy New Year T!!!

Mary J said...

That's so beautiful, Theresa! The papers and ribbon are so perfect with that image!

Melissa Craig said...

How country-esque! Kinda makes you think of Aunt Re.